Make sure you RSVP at email@example.com
Here are the events for the day!
11:00 AM to12:00 Noon
• Blessing on the food – Jim Kemple
• Lunch (Remember to bring your own lunch and chair – We will provide paper goods, water,
• Business Meeting
11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
• Silent Auction – Items you can bid on (Gift Certificates, Quilts, etc.)
12:00 Noon to 1:00 PM
• Regular Auction – Ken Burgess and his family have volunteered to handle this for us. Please bring
items we can use for this auction
• Remember the purpose of both auctions is to raise funds for this year’s expenses, leave funds for the next 2014 Reunion, and to defray the cost of additional grave markers
• Thanks for your help on this. You never know what you might find!!!
1:00 PM to 2:00PM - Speakers
• Bob Nicholls – a descendant of Minnie Viroca Burgess Hartman, the Indian child of Melancthon and Margaret Burgess
• Cindy Alldredge – a descendant of Harrison Burgess, Cindy has been married to Mike Alldredge for 41 years. They have 5 children and 6 grandchildren. She grew up in St. George and now lives in Snohomish, WA. She started her interest in family history when she was in junior high school, helping type family history for her grandmother and has spent the last 25 years gathering information about her ancestors. She has compiled several books about her ancestors and served as the Coordinator for San Juan and Washington Counties for US GenWeb. For several years she has maintained a website called ForeFamilies
• Activities for the children –The Terry Morwood Family (Cathy Burgess) are organizing some fun games!
2:00 PM to 4:00 PM - Self Guided Tour
- A Map designating the old Burgess homes and Sawmills Monument
- Pine Valley Cemetery – A “ghostly presentation has been planned”!
- Pine Valley Church – You will hear a story and tour the building
11:00 AM to 1:00 PM – Book Sale
• “A Heritage of Faith & Courage, William and Violate Burgess and Their Family”
by Delbert and Barbara Roach - $55.00
• “O Ye Mountains High – The Story of Pine Valley” – By Bess Snow and
Elizabeth Beckstrom - $25.00
• “Under Dixie Sun” – Washington County Chapter D.U.P. – Hazel Bradshaw, Editor $25.00
• DVD with many of the Histories of the different members of the William and Violate Burgess
Family from the DUP Museum here in St. George - $10.00
• DVD with Map of Pine Valley
• “A History of Washington County - From Isolation to Destination”, Douglas D. Alder and
Karl F. Brooks
• “St. George – Outpost of Civilization” – A Sesquicentennial History by Richard Kohler
And don't forget any items you can donate to the auction!